Non-Contact Voltage Tester Pen, Dual Range, with Laser Pointer
- Voltage Tester provides non-contact determination of AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, switches, outlets and wires, as well as AC voltage in security, entertainment, communications, environmental control and irrigation systems
- Dual-range testing: select 12 to 1000 VAC, which is perfect for low-voltage systems such as doorbells, environmental control or irrigation systems, or select 70 to 1000 VAC, which is perfect for detecting systems such as the electrical mains supply
- Bright, integrated laser pointer for identifying objects of interest at distance on the job site
- Simple-to-use, intuitive interface makes it easy to change between voltage detection ranges and also makes it easy to determine the currently active range
- Delivers simultaneous visual and audible voltage indicators when AC voltage is detected
- Audible voltage indicator beeps at a greater frequency the higher the voltage that is sensed, or the closer to the voltage source
- Built to withstand a 9.9'/3 m drop
- Auto Power-Off conserves battery life
- Screw-thread battery cap
- Lightweight, compact tool with pocket clip provides convenient storage and quick access
- CAT IV 1000V safety rating
- US Patent No. D750985
The Klein Tools NCVT-5A is a dual-range, non-contact voltage tester (NCVT) with an integrated laser pointer. The tester can be set to detect voltage from 70 to 1000 V AC (mode 1) or from 12 to 1000 V AC (mode 2). High-pitched audible alerts beep at greater frequency as higher voltage is sensed or proximity to the voltage source increases. The laser pointer can function independently of, or simultaneously with, the NCVT. CAT IV 1000V safety rating.
- Read, understand and follow all instructions, cautions and warnings attached to and/or packed with all test and measurement devices before each use.
- Never assume that neutral or ground wires are not live. Neutrals in multi-wire branch circuits may be energised when disconnected and must be retested before handling.
- LASER RADIATION, Class IIIa laser. DO NOT direct the laser beam into eyes, DO NOT stare into the beam and DO NOT view directly with optical instruments, as this can cause severe and permanent eye damage.
- Use of this tester in any way other than that specified by the manufacturer can impair safe operation, resulting in severe injury or death