Digital AC/DC Voltage Tester 12 to 240V AC, 1.5 to 24V DC
- Voltage Tester for AC voltages from 12V to 240V AC at four useful levels aligned with commonly used residential voltages
- Tests DC voltages from 1.5V to greater than 17 to 24V at four useful levels aligned with commonly used DC voltages
- Bright LEDs illuminate to indicate the type and level of voltage detected
- Built to withstand a 9.9' (3 m) drop
- Indicates polarity when measuring DC voltages
- Powers off automatically after approximately 2 minutes of non-use to conserve the battery life
- CATIII 250V, Class 2, Double insulation
- Ingress protection IP41, dust and water resistant
- Built-in test lead holders on sides of tester
- Low-battery indicator and easily accessible battery compartment
- Pocket clip secures tester to pocket for reliable everyday carrying
- Uses 2 x AAA batteries (included)
- Identifies and distinguishes between AC or DC voltage
Klein Tools ET40 is an Electronic AC/DC Voltage Tester. It features indicators for positive and negative DC polarity, and it tests DC voltages as low as 1.5V. It tests AC voltages of 12-240VAC. Excellent for checking, verifying or troubleshooting common residential electrical wiring in electrical outlets, light fixtures, doorbells and more. It operates with 2 x AAA batteries.
- Read, understand and follow all instructions, cautions and warnings attached to and/or packed with all test and measurement devices before each use.
- Before each use, verify tester operation by measuring a known voltage.
- Never use the tester on a circuit with voltages that exceed the category-based rating of this tester.
- Always adhere to local and national safety codes. Use personal protective equipment to prevent shock and arc blast injury where hazardous live conductors are exposed.
- Use of this tester in any way other than that specified by the manufacturer can impair safe operations, resulting in severe injury or death.