Non-Contact Voltage Tester Pen, 12-1000 V AC, with Laser Distance Meter
- Non-Contact Tester determines AC voltage in cables, cords, circuit breakers, switches, outlets and wires, as well as security, entertainment, communications, environmental control and irrigation systems
- Volt Pen detects AC voltage from 12 to 1000 V with visual and audible indicators
- Incorporates a 66-foot (20 m) Laser Distance Meter that can measure in meters, inches in fractions or decimals, and feet in fractions or decimals, with accuracy up to 1/16-inch (0.16 cm)
- High-visibility reverse contrast display for better viewing in low light conditions
- Laser Class II, 630 nm to 670 nm, Max. Power <1 mW
- Simple-to-use intuitive interface; easy single-button changes between laser distance measurements and voltage detection
- Delivers simultaneous visual and audible voltage indicators when AC voltage is detected
- Audible voltage indicator beeps at a greater frequency the higher the voltage that is sensed, or the closer to the voltage source
- Built to withstand a 6.6' (2 m) drop
- Auto Power-Off conserves and extends battery life
- Screw-thread battery cap
- Lightweight tool with pocket clip for easy everyday carrying and storage
- CAT IV 1000V safety rating
- Ingress Protection IP40 Dust Resistant
- Under normal operating conditions, at distances from 2-inch to 32.8-feet, the NCVT-6 has an accuracy of +/- 1/16-inch; and at distances greater than 32.8-feet up to 65.6-feet, it has an accuracy of +/- 1/8-inch
The Klein Tools NCVT-6 is a non-contact voltage tester (NCVT) with an integrated laser distance meter. It can detect voltages over the full-range from 12 to 1000 VAC and can measure distances from 2'' (51 mm) up to 66' (20 m). The laser distance meter functions independently from the NCVT with a simple-to-use intuitive interface. Easy, single-button changes between voltage detection and laser distance measurements.
- Read, understand and follow all instructions, cautions and warnings attached to and/or packed with all test and measurement devices before each use.
- Never assume that neutral or ground wires are not live. Neutrals in multi-wire branch circuits may be energised when disconnected and must be retested before handling.
- LASER RADIATION, Class II laser. DO NOT direct the laser beam into eyes, DO NOT stare into the beam and DO NOT view directly with optical instruments, as this can cause severe and permanent eye damage.
- Always adhere to local and national safety codes. Use personal protective equipment to prevent shock and arc blast injury where hazardous live conductors are exposed.
- Use of this tester in any way other than that specified by the manufacturer can impair safe operations, resulting in severe injury or death.